Friday, July 24, 2015

Tudor Home: D&D Scale


Tudor Cottage
D&D Scale

If you haven't guessed it by now, I have an affinity for Tudor style buildings. They can be frustrating as heck to build, but the yield is something you can almost always be proud of. 

This house was my first ever terrain piece - my first time using any of the materials and I think it turned out well for a first-timer.


The cottage is based on pink insulation foam - flocked with static grass and small gravel and stones.


 The roof is simply popsicle sticks I've carved away at. Not my favourite style of roof, but easy enough for a first-timer.


Inside is wallpapered with scrapbooking paper. Doom Dreamer for reference along with penny.

Moss is used for ivy, stucco is made by mixing sand with paint. I currently also add PVA glue to the mix to make sure it can withstand the tests of time.

The best and first rock I have ever carved out of pink foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment